Beauty Buzz: Quick Cat Eye Refresh
Our favorite beauty trend of the moment? The sultry cat eye. From fab Katy to cool Coco, we’re totally inspired to freshen up our everyday makeup routine with a little sexy eyeliner action. Here are a handful of our favorite looks, and down below are some easy tips on how to pull them off. Ready, set, meow…
HOW TO ROCK IT>> We’ve got 5 easy steps for ya!
1. Apply a thin line of liquid liner to the top lash line, starting from the center to the end.
2. Choose the end point of your “tail.” We recommend you start where your eyebrow ends like these ladies, but you can also go the Katy route and keep it closer to your lash line. Remember to draw it slightly above your natural lash line. After you’ve chosen the point, draw the line from the point to the exterior corner of your eye.
3. Next draw a line for the end of the tail towards the center of the upper lash line and color inside the lines!
4. Connect the inner corner of the upper lash line to the tail.
5. This step is optional. Depending on the level of drama you want to achieve, you can continue the above-mentioned stroke (step 4) until your liner is as full as you’d like it.
WHAT TO ROCK IT WITH>> For a day look, go nude! Just apply a bit of lip balm or a touch of neutral eye shadow. A gold, bronze or pink should do the trick. For night, go wild in a juicy lip. We’re talking orange, red or hot pink.
QUICK OUTFIT IDEA>> You didn’t think we’d leave you hanging, did ya? We recommend going on mod patrol (sexiness optimal, attitude optional)! Boatneck Leather Dress (191061, $298), Clarice Suede Striped Wedge Sandal (187737, $125).Photos: left to right, top to bottom: Katy Perry (Larry Busacca/Getty), Alicia Keys (Jason Merritt/Getty), Emma Stone (Ethan Miller/Getty), Coco Rocha (Cindy Ord/Stringer)