STYLUST Muse: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton
Happy 30th birthday to Duchess Kate! In honor of her special day and her endlessly inspiring fashion sense, we’re naming her a STYLUST Muse. Here are just a few of our fave ensembles from the accessory buyer and photographer turned royal:
Three things we love about Kate’s look:
1. COLOR, COLOR, COLOR >> From a canary yellow day dress to a floor-sweeping crimson gown, some of her most stunning picks prove she’ll boldly go where other fashionistas fear to tread.
2. BLAZERS OF GLORY >> Cropped and curvy or strong-shouldered and angular, jackets are a go-to staple of Kate’s wardrobe. We adore how she adds them to her outfits for regal authority.
2. SAILOR COOL >> Kate rocks the nautical trend like no other! (Wouldn’t you if christening ships was in your job description?) The assertive look she’s sporting above makes a major statement with epaulets and unexpectedly sexy gold accents.
Need more to feed your Kate addiction?
- The Telegraph spills 30 facts about the Duchess of Cambridge. Did you know she’s allergic to horses? Sigh…think of all the missed equestrian photo ops!
- Check out People’s Kate Middleton headquarters for hundreds of photos and the latest Kate and William news.
- Okay, can you say OBSESSED? The blogs KateMiddletonStyle.org and WhatKateWore.com have been tracking the duchess’ iconic looks from last spring onward.
Photos, clockwise from top left: Santa Barbara Racquet and Polo Club (Chris Jackson/Getty), Calgary Airpot (Chris Jackson/Getty), Buckingham Palace (WPA Pool/Getty), Summerfield Community Center (Chris Jackson/Getty), Gary Barlow concert (Chris Jackson/Getty), War Horse UK premiere (Tim Whitby/Getty), ), BAFTA Brits in LA (Kevork Djansezian/Getty), fundraising gala at St. James’ Palace (handout by Clarence House/Getty)