Tastemaker: Chic & Easy Pastry Recipes for Your Next TV Show Party
It’s no secret we’ve got a serious obsession with the new fall TV show lineup, and what better way to plop down on the couch and enjoy it than with the company of friends. Whether you’re newly hooked on “The Playboy Club” and “Pan Am,” reconnecting with “The Vampire Diaries,” or on the edge of your seat for “90210″ and “Gossip Girl,” we’ve got some inspiration for your next TV show party á la Blair Waldorf. Here, two of our favorite food bloggers, Ali Ebright and Kevin Lynch, dish all the how-to you need to whip up these scrumptious party-pastries. Our verdict? Time to ditch the pizza and serve up chic—just add champagne!
What fall shows have you on the edge of your seat right now?
“Top 3 reasons why this is one of my favorite ‘go-to’ appetizers: one, the recipe only calls for three ingredients, two, the total prep time is about five minutes, and three, it’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. These little guys will disappear before you know it!” —Ali Ebright, GimmeSomeOven.com
(1) BRIE & RASPBERRY PHYLLO CUPS
- 1 package (1.9 oz.) mini phyllo tart shells
- 6 oz. brie, rind removed
- 15 raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place the tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Measure 1 teaspoon brie, and carefully place it in a tart shell. Top with one raspberry. Repeat with remaining shells. Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until brie is melted. Serve immediately.
“These would of course also be delicious with any other berries, or berry jams/spreads!”
“One of my favorite treats in the summer is a cool and creamy no-bake cheesecake which is particularly nice because you do not have to turn the oven on to enjoy it.” —Kevin Lynch, ClosetCooking.com
(2) BLUEBERRY MASCARPONE CHEESECAKE WITH AMARETTI CRUST
- 1/4 cup amaretti cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup graham cracker or digestive cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream, cold
- 1 (8 ounce) package of mascarpone, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1/4 cup blueberry caramel sauce
- 1 cup blueberries
- Mix the amaretti cookie crumbs, graham cracker crumbs and butter and press them into the bottom of two 4 inch spring form pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown on the edges, about 8-12 minutes and let cool completely.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Beat the sugar and lemon zest into the mascarpone and then gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Divide the blueberry caramel sauce between the 2 spring form pans and top with the cream mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for several hours to over night, top with blueberries and enjoy.