Get Pumped: Exclusive Pop Pilates Workout From Our Fave Fitness Blogger!
“If you’re looking for a way to quickly tone up for the beach this summer, this total body Bikini Bootcamp will whip you into shape in no time. We will target your arms, legs, butt and abs, making sure you’ll look hot from every angle. Run the routine 3 times through for a complete workout and perform it a few times a week for quick results. Pair with some cardio and a healthy diet and you’re on your way to the perfect bikini body!” —Cassey Ho, Blogilates.com
MOVE #1>> TRICEP DIP ‘N KICK
Targets: Triceps, legs
(1) Begin with your fingertips facing forward and your butt raised. Lift your right leg off the floor, keeping it parallel to the ground.
(2) Kick your right leg straight up as you bend your elbows back. Then return to starting position.
Reps: Try 10 with the right leg and 10 with the left!
Modification: Do not kick! Keep both feet on the ground as you perform just the tricep dip part of the move.
MOVE #2>> BRIDGE PULSE
Targets: Butt, quadriceps
(1) Lie down on your back and raise yourself into a bridge position with feet side by side. Keeping your butt up, raise your right leg towards the ceiling. As the leg stays extended, lower your butt halfway to the floor and pulse right back up.
Reps: Try 20 quick pulses on the right and 20 on the left!
Modification: Perform this move in a regular bridge with both legs hip width apart, feet on the floor.
MOVE #3>> BALLERINA TWIST
(1) Begin in a side plank with hand directly under your shoulder and legs full extended. Raise your right arm up and elongate your fingers like a ballerina.
(2) Pretend you are “threading a needle” and bring your right hand through the “eye of the needle” (underneath your oblique) as you raise your hips up. Return to side plank.
Reps: Try twisting 10 times on the right and 10 times on the left!
Modification: If your shoulder or wrist hurts, try this move on your elbow. You can also modify by doing the side plank on your knees instead of your toes.
MOVE #4>> INVERTED SHOULDER PRESS
(1) Start in plank and walk your hands towards your feet until you can’t come any closer without bending your knees. Look at your feet. Now do a pushup.
Reps: Try 12 pushups!
Modification: The further out your hands are from your feet, the easier it will be.
MOVE #5>> BUTT UPS
Targets: Core strength
(1) Begin in plank on the elbows, keeping your tailbone tucked and your belly button sucked in towards your spine. (Make sure your back is flat!)
(2) Then, using your core, pull your abs up and pike your butt up into the air. Hold, then release back into plank.
Reps: Try 12 butt ups!
Modification: Do the plank on your knees instead, and for the pike simply press your butt back instead of up (similar to a Child’s Pose).
MOVE #6>> RUNAWAY ABS
(1) Keeping your belly button sucked into your spine and your lower back pressed into the floor, extend your arms long behind your head and your legs long and pointed out in front of you. Your shoulders should be off the mat. Now begin “running” (your feet should flutter up and down quickly).
Reps: Try 20 flutters.
Modification: Keep your knees slightly bent with your head down and hands underneath your tailbone for lower back support.
GET THE LOOK>>
Cassey is wearing: (1) BEBE SPORT Convertible Striped Jacket & Vest, $89, SKU #184399; (2) BEBE SPORT Striped Bra, $32, SKU #183453; (3) BEBE SPORT Striped Short, $34, SKU #183470.