New Season, New You: Our LA Design Team Dishes their Top 10 Tips for Fall
Fall is going to be here before we know it. Worry not—navigating the new season is a breeze when you’ve got the bebe design team on your side! We tapped a few of the super-stylish designers from our LA Design Studio to dish on their absolute must-haves for fall. The result? 10 hot trends to get you stocking up on the essentials you need for the new season, now!
Which top trend will you opt for first this fall?
(1) PUMP UP THE VOLUME>> “Cozy, voluminous sweaters are in! Drapey collars on cover ups and dolman sleeve shapes on cozy sweater dresses and tops— whatever it is, volume is key. Think big or flowy, and off the shoulder. Pair these tops with cigarette trousers or jeans for a perfect fit-to-flowy contrast outfit. The result is a look you can take from day to night.” —JESSICA, Associate Designer for Sweaters + REBECCA, Associate Designer for Denim
(2) ALL THE TRIMMINGS>> “Coated lace pieces are such an important part of fall. Whether it’s on dresses, tops or bottoms they can be easily dressed up or down.” —KALIKO, Associate Designer for Knit Tops
(3) SHINE ON>> “Go for shiny, glittery and metallic fabrics—on pants! This season invest in a good pair of sequin leggings and style them with a chunky, knit sweater. For a night on the town, update your denim wardrobe with metallic accents and pair with blazers.” —JONNA, Senior Designer for Bottoms
Photos: Rebecca Minkoff Fall 2011 (Frazer Harrison/Getty), Just Cavalli Fall 2011 (Tullio M. Puglia/Getty), Balmain Fall 2011 (Pascal Le Segretain/Getty).
(4) GET TACTICAL>> “Match utilitarian styles with dressy pieces. For example, pair a fur trimmed anorak with a metallic cocktail dress. Tough-chic!” —AMY, Senior Designer for Knit Tops & Logo
(5) PREPARE TO BARE>> “Don’t be afraid to flash some skin without giving away too much. Peek-a-boos, keyholes, one-shoulders, and slits on tops are key this season. Just because winter is around the corner doesn’t mean you have to go into hibernation.” —DOLLY, Assistant Designer for Dresses
(6) TONE IT UP>> “Use the beautiful colors of the season to pull together a tonal look by matching your separates. Choose from an array of blacks, nudes or blues, for example. Follow up with the perfect shoes and jewels!” —SALLY, Director of Design Operations
Photos: Altazarra Fall 2011 (Stefan Gosatti/Getty), Michael Kors Fall 2011 (Frazer Harrison/Getty), Doo.ri Fall 2011 (David Lance Bismuth/Getty).
(7) SHEER DRAMA>> “Get a sexy dress. Think transparent…lace, interesting necklines, feathers…something dramatic!” —CECILIA, Senior Designer for Dresses
(8) SHOW SOME LEG>> “Invest in mini sweater dresses and hot shorts. Legs are soo in this season!” —EVELIN, Associate Designer for Logo & Tubular
(9) DON’T BE SO LITERAL>> “It’s great to be inspired by a trend or theme, but just because the trend is Tribal doesn’t mean you have to dress like a warrior princess from head to toe. Break it up! Invest in a pair of great thematic bottoms and style them with simple blouses.” —CHIVON, Associate Designer for Coordinated Sportswear
(10) BLAZER GLORY>> “Pair blazers with dresses or style them over your favorite pair of denim. Instant office-chic! =” —NICOLE, Associate Designer for Runway & Special Projects
Photos: Bottega Veneta Fall 2011 (Elisabetta Villa/Getty), DKNY Fall 2011 (Peter Michael Dills/Getty), Derek Lam Fall 2011 (Jemal Countess/Getty).