Style Seen: Coachella Music Festival 2011
We hit up the infamous Indio polo fields in search of desert darlings and endless outfit inspiration! Here—the top trends spotted on the seriously-stylish in the scorching heat—from sheer tops and itty-bitty bandeaus to totally unique accessory ideas. How do you keep your cool in the hot-hot-heat? File this one under “summer style survival!”
Who do you think deserves the title “Fest Dressed?”
(1) EXCESSORIES>> What’s a summer festival without feathers? This year, we’re loving the one-feather-earring look for a unique take on the textured trend. If earrings aren’t your thing, tie your feathers up with a suede string and give your hair an added flair. Equally cool? Create your own draped fringe with a layered chains necklace—but wear it where it’s least expected, like off the side of your bodycon skirt, or over your shoulder. Other hot summer accessories to try? Modern cat-eye sunglasses! Suspenders! Shredded denim short-shorts and braided belts!
(2) CROP TOPS>> Show some skin, but keep it classy, by matching a cropped top or bandeau with a high-waisted short or skirt. Perfect for a sunny Saturday picnic in the park…
(3) AROUND THE WAIST>> Tie your look together in seconds flat! Break up a long and flowy maxi dress with a bold belt, or spice up your summer shorts with a bohemian scarf. Simple, chic and great for on-the-go.
(4) SHEER ROMANCE>> Layer your lace with a bandeau beneath to play up the sheer factor of your favorite crochets and cutouts. Another bright idea: Wear with a colored cami underneath for a punch of color.
(5) DEEP JUTTING V-NECKS>> From swimwear cover-ups to the perfect pairing for a belted high-waist short, a deep v-neck can be sexy or sweet. Accessorize accordingly.